Jazz Vinyl Records & Buy Box Set Albums. Online LPs Stores Links
The word ‘jazz’ began as a West Coast slang term of uncertain derivation and it was first used to refer to music in Chicago in about 1915. Jazz actually began at the turn of the 20th century in African-American communities in southern US, and borrowed heavily from African and European music traditions and it is one of the first truly indigenous music to develop in the states.
From the beginning, jazz was inherently dance music, performed by swinging big bands. Soon, the dance elements faded into the background and free improvisation became the key element of the music. As the genre evolved, the music split into a number of different styles, from the speedy, hard-hitting rhythms of be-bop and the laid-back, mellow harmonies of cool jazz to the jittery, innovative and intuitive forms of free jazz and the melodic precision of soul jazz. What tied it all together was a foundation in the blues, a reliance on the group as a whole, cohesive unit and unpredictable improvisation. Throughout the years, and in all the different styles, those are the qualities that defined jazz.
It has since branched out and spawned a variety of subgenres, from the New Orleans Dixieland dating from the early 1910s, big band-style swing from the 1930s and 1940s, bebop from the mid-1940s, a variety of Latin jazz fusions such as Afro-Cuban and Brazilian jazz from the 1950s and 1960s, jazz-rock fusion from the 1970s and late 1980s developments such as acid jazz, which blended jazz influences into funk and hip-hop. Jazz artists, singers, and musicians who are considered to have pioneered and popularized the genre are Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Dizzy Gillespie, among many others.
#2 stardust supanet
- UK site specializing Jazz and Easy Listening vinyl LPs. Also many other genres 1940s to 1970s
We Ship Records All Over The World, a Large Selection of Rare and Collectible Vinyl, all Expertly Graded and Packaged with Care! Stop By!
Welcome to Birka Jazz- the Swedish specialist in rare jazz vinyl records - on Internet since 1998.
- Collectables Records is the largest and fastest growing independently-owned reissue record label - featuring the best in oldies, doo wop, blues, jazz, rock, soul, funk and much, much more!
- Original vinyl and CD 'oldies', plus rare and obscure used 45rpm records for sale
- t. Louis Missouri LP records and CD music store with the best selection anywhere. Online shopping, auctions, vintage jazz magazines.
- We Buy and Sell Used Records, DVDs, and CDs. The World's Largest Independently Owned Record Store!
Music Collecting Vinyl records riot, rare music collectibles, music, memorabilia, over 10,000 records and growing!
- We have nearly 40,000 items in stock for IMMEDIATE shipment, including rare and collectible vinyl records, laserdiscs, promotional posters, CD's, gold record awards, Bosson Art products, film and home video posters and memorabilia, and all manner of other cool collectibles. Our primary asset is IMMEDIATE service - 90% of all orders ship within 48 hours of receipt of payment. All items carry our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee!
Online record store selling discounted vinyl, mix tapes, and scratch videos. Carrying everything from hip-hop, to funk, to soul, to jazz, to rock.
A vinyl lover's paradise! RECORD RELICS specializes in selling cool vinyl records online and frequently adds new titles to their website. Thousands of records for sale including everything from vintage Rock, Blues and Jazz to out of print and hard to find more recent LPs such as Indie and Punk. User friendly website, worldwide shipping,fast professional service.
#8 Antique Vinyl
- THE place to locate and shop for thousands of collector records. Blues, Big Band, Jazz and Vocals